Friday, January 21, 2011

Reflective blog AH/HON 4240_2

As a photographer you are advised to carry your camera with you at all times. The reasoning behind this is that you don’t want to miss out on a photo opportunity. So of course I make a point of taking my camera everywhere... to the market, to my classes, to the mall, to restaurants… and pretty much everywhere else. Well alas the evening of the class bus tour I was indeed without my camera.


There were some great photos to be taken but regretfully I could not take them. I could have kicked myself. It wasn’t until the last stop that I got the idea to use my camera on my cell phone. This was short lived because my cell phone memory was quickly full to capacity.


I have posted the few photos I was able to take at the Children’s Hospital of Michigan.  The portrait of President Obama was done by children using dominos!  The other photos lining the walls in the hospital corridors were also done by children. Art is a beautiful thing; it does amazing things to brighten up an otherwise intimidating and scary environment for children as well as adults.


No comments:

Post a Comment