Thursday, August 23, 2018

Remembering Central Coast Artist John Landon

It has been said that someone you've never met in person can make a big impact on your life. Well, I've found this out firsthand in my social media interactions with John Landon. We became friends on facebook in 2011 and the rest is history as they say. Like many of our facebook friends it's not surprising that I really knew very little about him; only what he chose to share publicly.

It wasn't until my battle with throat cancer ended in 2014 that we started to correspond with any frequency. He was very supported with what I had gone through and he gave me encouragement through Bible quotes and sharing his current artworks. Boy was I surprised when out of the blue he gifted me with an original colorful abstract portrait of me. His generous gift was proof of the kind soul he possessed.

 As time passed we drifted apart and made contact on rare occasions, and only by chance did I discover his recent passing after being injured in a car accident. One time he shared with me these words, "God is with us all the time Tanya, we can die at any time."
So with a sad heart I shared this memorial post in remembrance of his kind spirit.

Artist John Landon's portrait of me in 2014


This is a photo of me wearing my portrait on a t-shirt I made. I will treasure it always!

Now, I could end there but there is more to the story. After being told I was free of throat cancer I wanted to celebrate with a monthly cover called 'Tanya'. The problem was that I had no idea how to go about making a cover until John came to the rescue. He gave me the first layout template and the rest is history!  Now I am a magazine cover making machine.  Below is a photograph of my very first 'Tanya' cover, after that I was on my own! Bless his soul and may he rest in peace with the Lord. We never know who the Lord will send into our lives to bless us. 


My first Tanya cover that John Landon helped me layout.

No comments:

Post a Comment