Saturday, March 19, 2011

Reflective blog AH/HON 4240_11

Each student in AH/HON 4240 is required to present a grant proposal as a final assignment. I admit at first I was stumped, but then it all fell into place and my ideas began to flow. I have come up with an idea for expanding the computer lab at Mariners Inn.

My proposal consists of adding two Apple Computers, a photo printer and scanner to the lab.  Instruction, the appropriate creative software and printing supplies will also have to be accounted for in the budget.  The benefits the men at Mariners Inn will gain include; increase computer knowledge which might lead to future employment opportunities and increased self-esteem. I feel this is a do-able plan so now I must work out all the fine details of my grant proposal.

I do know for certain that this addition to the current computer lab will enable the men at Mariners to expand their creative ability. It will also allow them to take their art to the next level in digital design.  The options will be limitless to what they will be able to accomplish. They can scan their art and use photoshop to enhance their designs. They can also place their designs on greeting cards, t-shirts, as well as make journals, calenders, etc.

Now I must work out the fine details.  Listening to beautiful music gets my creativity flowing. =)


No comments:

Post a Comment